POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Suspension Bridge (Sorenson 3) : Re: Suspension Bridge (Sorenson 3) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:34:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suspension Bridge (Sorenson 3)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 11 Jan 2003 09:34:19
Message: <3e202b6b$1@news.povray.org>
Reusser wrote:
>     Very sorry in advance for the sorenson 3 format, but I haven't got
> the mpg thing on a Mac down to a science yet...
>     Here's an animation using MechSim in MegaPov 1.0.  I've been
> having a great time fiddling around with it.  The topology alone uses
> up a couple hundred lines of text, but I like the result.  For a
> while, I thought the bridge would slowly stabalize and just sit
> there??like a bridge??but it's so much more interesting this way. :)
> I guess I forgot to take into account the lateral stiffness and
> structure.  (I think it's because of rounding errors since it should
> be perfectly symmetrical over the z-axis.)  Oh well, as long as no
> one was on the bridge at the time.

excellent stuff - lets just hope thats not fixed in a furture mechsim, can
you imagine the hassle of trying to model a bridge that did that

Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.co.uk
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key