POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : underwater help pics : Re: underwater help pics Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: underwater help pics
From: Mike Williams
Date: 10 Jan 2003 23:43:28
Message: <3e1fa0f0@news.povray.org>
The model I ended up with is out of another program I use. Built with nurbs
then converted to smooth triangles. I am really liking nurbs. The first
image here was what I started with. It is a high res heightfield. It works
but not as good as the nurbs. I will continue to use both but based on the
object to be created.

I did find ut that CorelPhotoPaint 11 has full 48bit image tools.

I will conrtinue on the water. The problem is it takes soooo long to render.

Thanks

> > By the way Mike, how did you model your ship? I can see a couple of
> > spheres in there, but what about the rest?
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Fidel.
> >

> I'm guessing blobed isosurfaces.  Handsome pic so far.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lras1.jpg' (27 KB) Download 'lras3d3.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'lras1.jpg'
lras1.jpg

Preview of image 'lras3d3.jpg'
lras3d3.jpg