POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Calling povray from outside software : Calling povray from outside software Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Calling povray from outside software
From: Shalom Naumann
Date: 10 Jan 2003 09:14:45
Message: <3e1ed555$1@news.povray.org>
I am writing a program to help produce animations in povray. I would like to
make it cross-platform (its in Java) but I'm not sure how to go about
calling povray to test the scenes. Povray, however, has different command
line options. For example, if you pass the /EDIT parameter to Povray for
Windows, it will work, even if its already open. However, such an argument
doesn't exist in any other operating systems. What's the recommended way of
calling POV-Ray from an outside program?

Shalom.

PS: I have access to Windows and Linux that I could test my program on (and
I guess DOS, too)