POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov imitates art : Re: Pov imitates art Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov imitates art
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 9 Jan 2003 15:06:21
Message: <3e1dd63d@news.povray.org>
Darren,
    I am glad to contribute my work to the pool.  I pared down the source
code to just the stuff I thought you would benefit most from.  All the csg
for the base and the top would just get in the way, and it's nothing special
really.  I will post the source into the povray binaries scene-files group.
I also would apreciate a little help on an element of it, which I will
describe there.  Here are sample images for it, one without the lampshade,
and one with it down all the way.  The source is photons-ready, but I didn't
use them here 'cause I wanted to post the images sooner.  The render times
aren't too long without the lampshade, so it might be just what you are
looking for.  To get a neon version, use the same materials, but just change
the color for the media a bit.

-Ben Scheele

"Darren Hewson" <dar### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Thanks, glad you like it.
>
> Cables are sphere sweeps.
>
> I'm here to learn and would love to see the source for your lamp, its very
> kind of you to offer.
>
> Regards

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ben's-lamp-half-source.jpg' (17 KB) Download 'ben's-lamp-half-source-w-shade.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'ben's-lamp-half-source.jpg'
ben's-lamp-half-source.jpg

Preview of image 'ben's-lamp-half-source-w-shade.jpg'
ben's-lamp-half-source-w-shade.jpg