POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb] : Re: Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb]
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 9 Jan 2003 13:19:00
Message: <3e1dbd14@news.povray.org>
"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote in message

> i can't really tell whats been post processed. i'd might buy it as
straight
> up pov if you told me so. Hehe, I just noticed the original is also
> attached.
>
> Maybe just change the background color to that blueish grey and turn on
> radiosity? that might get a similar effect.
>
> Or does radiosity not pick up on the background color?

    Yeah, I guess the changes were subtle, and not easily identifiable as
post-processing techniques.  I might not have been clear in my post, because
the blue one is actually the original.  The highlights are different on the
p.p. version, and it is blurred ever so slightly towards the edges.
Radiosity had a picayune effect on the outcome, so I didn't bother to use it
in the final render.
    Here is an image I made where the post-processing is a lot more obvious.
I used some of the same techniques, but to extremes.  It is my own version
of a sphere sweep, with tens of thousands of translated and scaled spheres.
I just wish I knew how to use while loops.  No, just kidding.  Anyways,
thanks for the input.

-Ben Scheele

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'raytracing_title.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'harmonics-set5-c-anim.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'raytracing_title.jpg'
raytracing_title.jpg

Preview of image 'harmonics-set5-c-anim.jpg'
harmonics-set5-c-anim.jpg