POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb] : Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Recursive Glass Form [60 + 16 kb]
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 9 Jan 2003 02:29:12
Message: <3e1d24c8@news.povray.org>
Since it seems that post-processed images are acceptable here, I am
submitting this to the group.  I rendered this as an animation earlier, and
today I was looking through older files that I could rerender and print out
to fill some old frames I had received.  I wanted to rotate the image to
make it fit the frame, and just tweak the contrast a bit, but like usual I
got carried away with enhancing it.  So what do others think about
post-processing ( and these images )?  I personally wouldn't want to bother
with trying to get it perfect in Pov if its so easy to fix up in an image
editing program.  It is a dilemma though because I want to prepare my images
for my webpage, but I also want to present things that were made only with
Pov-Ray.  Oh well.  I posted the original image as well, although resized
from 1400*1400.  It took about three hours to render with photons, spacing
.0035 and without radiosity on an Athlon 1.5 ghz with 512 mb of ddr ram.

-Ben Scheele

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alternsierp.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'alternsierp-psp.jpg' (59 KB)

Preview of image 'alternsierp.jpg'
alternsierp.jpg

Preview of image 'alternsierp-psp.jpg'
alternsierp-psp.jpg