POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Isosurface questions : Isosurface questions Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:52:05 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface questions
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 8 Jan 2003 17:41:00
Message: <3e1ca8fc@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I've been playing with the isosurface plugin, and trying out some things I
found on various websites, most of which were apparently written for
MegaPov, and won't parse in PovRay3.5. The problem is, I havn't a clue how
to change them to work with PovRay3.5. Here's an example:

#declare Cracks = function { pigment{ crackle color_map{ [0 rgb 1][1 rgb
0] }}}
function {(x*x+y*y+z*z-1) +Cracks(x, y, z)*0.5}

Here's what Pov gives me:

   File: isocrackle.pov  Line: 96
      (x*x+y*y+z*z-1) + Cracks( x, y, z )

   } <----ERROR
Parse Error: Expected '.', } found instead
Returned from renderer with error status

That doesn't make any sense to me. There are several others I've tried with
similar results. Does anyone know how to make this work?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby