POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another HDRI image (72kbu) : Re: Another HDRI image (72kbu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another HDRI image (72kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 8 Jan 2003 14:43:56
Message: <3e1c7f7c@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <sta### [at] uiucedu> spake thusly via
> I have a question.  The HDRI used in this scene features a clear daytime
> sky, right?  The scene, however, looks to be way too blue.  I know that the
> atmosphere absorbs wavelengths of non-blue light and that this scene shows
> the shaded side, so there should be somewhat of a blue tint.  However, isn't
> light from the sky hitting shadowed objects still predominantly white?

Attached is a low res version of the HDRI image used.

I whacked the ambient factor up to 5 for the HDRI sphere in this image and that
probably boosted the glow around the sun, hence more white than there should be
and more blue too.  However, I'm no HDRI expert so I'm probably talking bunkum.

Can anyone offer a more reasoned response?

Skip, I can send you the scene file if you like.  With the skeleton mesh and the
image it'll be about a 1MB zip file.  That OK?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'field_preview.jpg' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'field_preview.jpg'