POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray parser in Java : Re: POV-Ray parser in Java Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:49:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray parser in Java
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 8 Jan 2003 10:55:30
Message: <3e1c49f2$1@news.povray.org>
Well, I've thought of a couple of potential uses.  My overall goal is trying
to build a render farm program, and there are some tricky points.  One of
the things I am trying to do is determine all the resource files needed by a
POV-Ray scene file.  Things like #include files, and image files for
mappings and such.  To some degree even resources where the name is
generated at parse time could be figured out, unless some super complicated
method is used (like using a function or something).  Also, if done right
you could add syntax which could be parsed and rewritten in standard POV
SDL.  For example adding a #for statement, that gets rewritten as a #while.
It wouldn't be something most people would want to do, but it might make my
life easier sometimes. :-)

AW