POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Which ship would you rather ride in? : Re: Which ship would you rather ride in? Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which ship would you rather ride in?
From: Rune
Date: 7 Jan 2003 18:36:07
Message: <3e1b6467@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I said once you'd completed the turn--
> I'd assert you always want zero roll.

And it is very easy to calculate the transformation that gives zero
roll.

> Interesting Q:  Is there a way to compute
> instantaneous "sphere of curvature" on a
> plain ol' pov 35. spline?

I don't know. Anyway, you may have use of looking at the file in the
POV-Ray distribution

scenes/animations/splinefollow/splinefollow.pov

And maybe have a look at the Spline_Trans macro in transforms.inc - not
that it will perfectly fit your needs, but it can perhaps get you
started.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)