POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : randomish (~38K) : randomish (~38K) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  randomish (~38K)
From: PoD
Date: 7 Jan 2003 07:44:38
Message: <3e1acbb6@news.povray.org>
I was playing around with generating geometric shapes using random
numbers constrained by certain conditions.

This one uses the following algorithm

start with a point in space
while n < some_number
   add plus or minus one to one of x,y or z
   if the new point is within a certain volume ( in this case, near
the 		    surface of a sphere)
   add the new point and a cylinder connecting this and the previous

     point

I'm using Python to do the calcs and output a pov file, since it's much
faster that way and easier to keep track of which points are occupied
and which pairs are connected.

Anyway I thought this one looked niceish with most of the allowed
segments in place.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pipes.jpg' (38 KB)