POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov imitates art : Re: Pov imitates art Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov imitates art
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 6 Jan 2003 18:13:37
Message: <3e1a0da1@news.povray.org>
Really nice "atmosphere" in that rendering.. hehe

/Stefan

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the
freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

No animals were harmed during the production of this mail.

"Darren Hewson" <dar### [at] hotmailcom> skrev i meddelandet
> Here  is a render I did. Not sure if its finished yet (any advice on how
> make it better much appreciated).
>
> Its inspired by a record (if anyone remembers what they are :-)) sleeve
for
> Atmosphere by Joy Division (if anyone remembers them :-)). You can see an
> image of the sleeve here
> http://www.cerysmatic.clara.net/Factory/index.html?joydivision6.html. I
> thought it would be fun to try to do this with POV (a 30 hour render later
> was wondering if it was such a good idea).
>
> The sleeve itself is detail from work by an artist called 'Jan van
Munster',
http://www.janvanmunster.nl/