POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Sterograms of a cube! : Re: Sterograms of a cube! Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sterograms of a cube!
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 5 Jan 2003 14:19:57
Message: <3e18855d@news.povray.org>
> With some difficulty I can see this, but I prefer the double objects.
> That's much easier to hold steady.

Fair enough.

> > Mmm... I'm thinking animation 8-) Of course, question is, can you get
your
> > eyes to converge right before the animation is over? lol
>
> :)
> I've attached an animation of an alpha helix of 20 amino acids. It's
cyclic, so
> you have all the time to get it steady. It's made of two identical objects
> placed at a far distance and viewed with an small camera angle.
> What's your opinion about that?

Hey, that is actually pretty cool. Once again, my eyes won't converge that
far... In principle, if I could get the image the right size, I could put my
head real close to the screen and just look straight ahead I suppose. Tryed
it and I can't seem to manage it though!

> > Oooo dear me... I have to shrink the image down several times before I
can
> > cross my eyes far enough... hehehe
>
> Better sit back further from your display, because the resolution of
> your display may become to small to give all the details.

Yes, that would also make a lot of sense...

Btw, does anyone know the cost of VR headsets that display two seperate
images?

Thanks!
Andrew.