POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : >1600 radiosity samples: right costheta distribution? : Re: >1600 radiosity samples: right costheta distribution? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: >1600 radiosity samples: right costheta distribution?
From: Apache
Date: 5 Jan 2003 06:14:02
Message: <3e18137a$1@news.povray.org>
My box is currently calculating a set of 6400 samples. It seems it will take
quite some time, but whenever it's finished, I'll let you know.

The ordering is very good, so with very low samples the distribution is very
good. If the count is set to 6400, the distribution is equal to the golden
ration distribution. (See Thies Heidecke's post in this conversation.)

Regards,
Apache