POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Sterograms of a cube! : WIP: Sterograms of a cube! Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: Sterograms of a cube!
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 4 Jan 2003 09:04:15
Message: <3e16e9df@news.povray.org>
Hey folks!

It was about June last year that I discovered how Single Image Sterograms
work (aka "magic eye pictures"). Since then I've done no end of text-based
ones using Notepad. (I had no idea you could do it with plain text as well
as images! That's how I found out how they work by the way...) If you're one
of those people who can't see these images, you probably won't be very
excited by this thread!

I'll reply to my own post in a mo with some example images attached. The
images are fairly big (800x600), and unfortunately I can't use lossy
compression, because it messes up the 3D effect (which IS the entire point
of the post!)

Stand by...
Andrew.