POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jan 2003 09:33:53
Message: <3e144dd1@news.povray.org>
In article <3E143CF8.6AAD01C2@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

>> <http://mac.povray.org/md.gif>
>
> As i said most of the Netscape problems can be solved by not using the
> style sheet.  I already considered making a separate version of the style
> sheet for Netscape 4.x but i did not find the time yet.

Indeed, but the problems are solvable ones one knows the Netscape internal
implementation of stylesheets:  Netscape does not cascade relative so some
internal style sheet for anything but the most elementary formatting (afaik
only for font types and sizes).  So when you assume the cascading works
relative to a complete internal stylesheet, some CSS elements will inherit
the CSS defaults rather than reasonable values.  So the "pre" block in the
CSS simply needs to be completed with

    white-space: pre;

because Netscape uses the default, which is "normal" rather than "pre".

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde