POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Lamp Design : Re: My Lamp Design Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Lamp Design
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 1 Jan 2003 23:16:58
Message: <3e13bd3a@news.povray.org>
Hey Ross,

    Thanks for the reply and compliments.  Yeah, I figured that someone
might see the levers on top as antennae of some sort.  The functions I built
in are that when you pull up on the levers the lampshade glass raises, and
when you push down to horizontal the lampshade glass will be lowered all the
way.  When you twist them towads the black sphere indicator it will dim the
light.  I could make an animation of this, but it would take a very long
time.  Actually, an animation could be made that allows for the
transformation of the whole lamp, growing in any direction, including a
closing of the lit part, because I based all of its dimensions on each
other.

-Ben Scheele