POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:10:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Jan 2003 15:01:58
Message: <3e134936@news.povray.org>
In article <3E12B6DE.431E9AC3@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> Yvo already explained the Mac specialties - it looks fine on:
>
> IE 5 Windows
> Mozilla 1 Windows
> Konqueror 3.0.1 Linux

Indeed, a good selection of browsers for Mac users ;-)

And the W3C once noted that IE 5.x for Mac would be very close to their HTML
and CSS recommendations.  I would provide you with a reference, but somebody
at W3C accidentally or intentionally set the <www.w3.org/MarkUp/> content
type to "application/xhtml-xml", and as IE 5.0 for Mac OS does not support
XML it is successfully locked out from this part of the W3C website...

> but it has serious problems with Netscape 4.x

Of course, as said, I didn't expect it to work.

The real problem is that Mac OS ships with IE and the Apple Help viewer.  So
it is reasonable to expect the help to work properly with at least one of
the two rather than forcing a multimegabyte download.

Besides, if DocBook and XML are so good, why does the official documentation
based on a proprietary system of extended HTML work so much better and on
all browsers?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde