POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cmp hdr make with terragen : Re: cmp hdr make with terragen Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmp hdr make with terragen
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Jan 2003 06:18:30
Message: <3e12ce86$1@news.povray.org>

3e11d426@news.povray.org...
> Compare 3 images make with
> hdri from terragen  and HdrShop,
> render in
> pov 3.5,  Megapov1  and Mlpov
> http://cathemline.org/testehdr/cmp.html

Interesting ! I've been running tests with Terragen too with similar results
(more contrast in the sky image) though I still have to be sure that
identical results cannot be obtained by using a slightly corrected (gamma or
tone) regular map.
Note that there's a plugin for Terragen that creates directly HDR files from
Terragen (unlike you I wasn't patient enough to do it with different
exposure values !)
http://www.geocities.com/ffrog.geo/sopack.html

> Happy new Year!

Gilles