POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Dec 2002 18:44:15
Message: <3e122bcf@news.povray.org>
In article <1fo2qiq.ix0vys5a5vcwN%yvos.s@gmx.net> , yvos.s@gmx.net (Yvo
Smellenbergh) wrote:

>> Is there a specific reason why total times, at least for the Mac version are
>> reported incorrectly?  I.e. isocacti.pov reports a total time that is less
>> than the trace time...
>
> There have been no changes as far as I know.
> I did a test and indeed there seems to be a problem.
> However if you look at the seconds alone it is correct.
> It looks like a conversion problem.
> I will find out if this happens also in the Windows version.

I guess it is some rounding error in the default split time then.
Essentially the sub-second precision of that function is useless (because it
measure "OS scheduler noise").  So I will try to provide a better version of
that function for 3.51.

    Thorsten

PS: Is there any special trick to view the generic documentation?  It
doesn't work properly under IE 5.0/5.2 Mac, Netscape 4.79 Mac, the Mac OS
8/9 Help Viewer or the Mac OS X Help Center.  As far as the error are
concerned, IE does not render any of the examples correctly (some linefeed
problem in the HTML I guess), Netscape does not render most of it at all
(not really surprising though), and the Help Viewer/Center on the one hand
never supported style sheets, but the cross-links don't work either, and
there are some warning messages displayed (different ones, let me know if
you want the exact text).  Oh, and apparently some images are not there
because I get broken image images in all four programs.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde