POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cmp hdr make with terragen : Re: cmp hdr make with terragen Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmp hdr make with terragen
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 31 Dec 2002 12:53:44
Message: <3e11d9a8$1@news.povray.org>
> Compare 3 images

Hi,

Well, it's not too easy to compare them without further explanation. You
have changed some settings between the renders. Is that an attempt to get 3
similar results?  If so, you can do better.  :o)  But if the purpose is
solely to test the response to light between the POV versions, I'd like to
know more about, why you had to change some settings.. And why is the
right-most ball much brighter in the official Pov3.5? That makes no sense to
me.

Have I been sleepy or is there a "version 1" of MegaPOV, because the last
one was version 0.7 to me knowledge.

Can we assume that your sky from Terragen has a realistic fading; i.e. not
too strong contrast between sun-position and opposite position? Because I
still doubt that there is any benefit in using the HDR format with a sky
picture.

Thanks for your post,
Hugo