POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TMPGEnc questions : Re: TMPGEnc questions Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:08:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TMPGEnc questions
From: ZSpider
Date: 31 Dec 2002 09:04:35
Message: <3e11a3f3$1@news.povray.org>
Andrew Cocker wrote:
> No, it really is as easy as all that. I bet it works fine.

*********
Hi Andy,

WAHOOOOO!  Amazing!  It worked!  My first try at it and it
worked.  The software was excellent!  Another reason I had
faith in it was that supposedly TMPGEnc will flag a bad con-
version.

It looked really cool on the TV, too!  I had used Micha's earth
file and experimented with earth rotation a bit and then ran a
sequence of a thousand and then crunched it into an AVI the
following day.  It was 640x480 with a 15 frame/sec rate.
TMPGEnc hammered it into VCD shape.  There was almost
no tweaking (selecting nondefault formats) involved.

I notice that the MPG2 format is only 30 days trial on the
program.  Is that what I'm using or will the VCD conversion
continue to work on the freeware version?

Happy New Year!

miker