POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need help with radiosity (Greg Ward vs Greg Ward) : Need help with radiosity (Greg Ward vs Greg Ward) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with radiosity (Greg Ward vs Greg Ward)
From: cadman
Date: 31 Dec 2002 07:56:30
Message: <3e1193fe@news.povray.org>
The images below are the same model, with one light source (the sun, lat 47
long -74 at 10am est).  The second was rendered with Radiance, and I love
the lighting.  The first was done in POV, and the lighting makes the chairs,
particularly the far one, look like they're floating.  Perhaps y'all could
point me in the right direction with radiosity in POV.  Here's my global
settings:

global_settings{
 assumed_gamma 1
 max_trace_level 5
 radiosity {
  pretrace_start 0.04
  pretrace_end   0.01
  count 200
  nearest_count 10
  error_bound 0.5
  recursion_limit 5
  low_error_factor .25
  gray_threshold 0.0
  minimum_reuse 0.0075
  brightness 1
  adc_bailout 0.01/2
 }
 ambient_light 0
}

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dweller.jpg' (30 KB) Download '10_am_2_C1_avg.jpg' (24 KB)

Preview of image 'dweller.jpg'
dweller.jpg

Preview of image '10_am_2_C1_avg.jpg'
10_am_2_C1_avg.jpg