POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tank of water : Re: Tank of water Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tank of water
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 31 Dec 2002 03:55:58
Message: <3e115b9e$1@news.povray.org>
> The water in the tank is made using an intersection of a cylinder and an
> isosurface. The robot is just boxes, cylinders and a sphere. There are
> five lights in the scene - one above the tank, and four in the corners
> to add a bit of light to the overall scene. And, as you have probably
> already guessed, photom mapping has been used on the tank and water.
I like the figure pose, and the water looks great!
Could've needed som AA though..

> The damn thing took 2.5 hours to render, thereby making it my slowest
> scene yet.
*sigh* I remember my first IRTC image back in 1999:
RENDER TIME:  22m 9s
HARDWARE USED: Pentium 133, 32MB ram
Man did that feel long!

My second (and latest) IRTC entry (2002):
RENDER TIME: 1d 4h 58m 11s
HARDWARE USED: Pentium II 450mhz 256ram
And that isn't even considered a long rendering time! Did I hear weeks?
months?

Enough babbeling.. Welcome to the real world! =)

-Peter