POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Which ship would you rather ride in? : Re: Which ship would you rather ride in? Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which ship would you rather ride in?
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 30 Dec 2002 16:09:20
Message: <3e10b600@news.povray.org>
> Not much interest in this post.  Have others:
> 1) observed the same problem and found more intelligent solutions?
> 2) not yet experimented with Reorients this deeply and never discovered
the
> "problem" ?
yup that's me :)

> 3) observed it and had no aesthetic difficulties with it?
Doesn't it just depend on the scene? What looks best in the particular
situation?
Transform_2 looks far better in this case, but what perhaps in a different
scene Transform_1 would look better? Me thinks you'd have to set up the
macro for what you'd need.. The POV-Ray way :) Or am I completely out of
bounds now? Sorry if I am!

> 4) not understood me at all?
Perhaps? Haven't followed the other discussion..

-Peter

PS: The tip of your spaceship isn't connected smoothly to the body, but it
might have been the way you want it to be? ;)