POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu) : Re: Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Dec 2002 13:10:04
Message: <3e0f3a7c@news.povray.org>

3e0e57be$1@news.povray.org...
> > this time using a HDR map, to see if the
> > technique is applicable to outdoor scenes,
> > in this case a cloudy one. I
> > guess it is :-)
>
> I guess, in this case you could also have used an ordinary 24 bit image,
or
> even 8 bit, for the clouds with the same result. I don't think HDR does
> anything important here.

Well yes you're right here, the regular JPG works good too in this case.
Hey, that's what tests are for, aren't they :-)
In any case I now have a nice collection of environment maps to play with.
I'll try to make HDR maps with Terragen too, since it has an "exposure"
feature.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com