POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu) : Re: Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perrott's folly again (with HDR this time) (130 kbu)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 28 Dec 2002 21:02:38
Message: <3e0e57be$1@news.povray.org>
> this time using a HDR map, to see if the
> technique is applicable to outdoor scenes,
> in this case a cloudy one. I
> guess it is :-)

I guess, in this case you could also have used an ordinary 24 bit image, or
even 8 bit, for the clouds with the same result. I don't think HDR does
anything important here. You have "just" setup the scene better than Ib.

The darker reflections are from real objects, and the sky is bright so the
possible constrasts in HDR, isn't used.. If there IS a dark horisont in the
HDR image, you could probably easily replace it with a textured plane or a
little heightfield..

:o)
Regards,
Hugo