POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Which ship would you rather ride in? : Which ship would you rather ride in? Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Which ship would you rather ride in?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 27 Dec 2002 21:58:37
Message: <3e0d135d@news.povray.org>
This is a continuation of the discussion of my intuitive response to the way
the Reorient macros work. (Unfortunately, I was unable to try out JvS's
suggestion due to a likely typo).

Consider two space ships  [  object{shippy}, one moving by first rotating in
the xz plane, then from xz plane to the desired position,  and another which
simply goes by the Reorient position.

I like the right one (Transform_2) a lot better for camera transforms and
flocking particles both.  I'm trying to figure out if it's merely my
misunderstanding of the geometry, or whether there's a tweak I can do
(perhaps it's in the correct version of JvS's p.o.-t.  note).

#declare Transform_1=transform{Reorient_Trans(Axis1, Axis2)}

#declare Transform_2=transform{Reorient_Trans(Axis1,
<Axis2.x,0,Axis2.z>)Reorient_Trans(<Axis2.x,0,Axis2.z>, Axis2)}

object{shippy transform{Transform_1} translate -4*x }
object{shippy transform{Transform_2} translate 4*x }

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rotated01.mpg' (405 KB)