POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More HDRI tests (136 kbu) : Re: More HDRI tests (136 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More HDRI tests (136 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Dec 2002 18:33:44
Message: <3e0b91d8$1@news.povray.org>

3e0b58b7$1@news.povray.org...

> POV does internal work with high
> dynamic range and I guess most of you have already used a light source
that is
> "brighter" than rgb <1,1,1>. I usually do so and this is the way Jaime's
lighting
> system does work. This is also "HDR".

In fact my question was more, given a normal LDR image with variation of
intensity clipped between 0 and 1, is it possible to create directly a HDR
image by calculating the intensity value from the clipped one, by using a
function I=f(r,g,b) with I being maximum (and much higher than 1 of course)
for White? As I said, HDR shop accepts to do this but I'm not sure that the
final image really has hot spots (but then I have not tested this
extensively).
In any case, creating HDR maps within POV-Ray would be sweet.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com