POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Global illumination with... : Re: Global illumination with... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Global illumination with...
From: Mael
Date: 25 Dec 2002 06:51:39
Message: <3e099bcb$1@news.povray.org>
> Main differences to the HDR-patch in mlpov are: support for HDR
> *output* in TIFF LogLuv format or full blown floating point TIFF
> (96 bit/pixel). Import for Radiance (the same as done by Mael) and
> LogLuv images as image maps.

great, those are exactly the two things i thought was missing to my patch :)

> I'm really bored in using the uffizi, grace, campus and beach probes so
for
> the next time I will try to create the light probe image itself with POV
in the
> HDR format and use it later for global illumination.

i ve not tried them but it seems there are more hdr images here
http://www.akuratny.com/hdri.htm

you can also try to build your own environment if you have a chrome ball,
and a cool digital camera, with hdrshop (http://www.debevec.org/HDRShop/)