POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Global illumination with... : Global illumination with... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Global illumination with...
From: Ive
Date: 25 Dec 2002 02:26:16
Message: <3e095d98@news.povray.org>
High Dynamic Range Images.

Well, a funny coincidence. Some time ago I have started to create my
own patch for POV that does work with the SGI LogLuv Tif-format.
After having mentioned that it would be a very good thing if POV would
support high dynamic range images a few times in the pov-ng's (in hope
that anyone else will do a patch) I finally decided to do this by myself.
Main differences to the HDR-patch in mlpov are: support for HDR
*output* in TIFF LogLuv format or full blown floating point TIFF
(96 bit/pixel). Import for Radiance (the same as done by Mael) and
LogLuv images as image maps. Exposure and gain control in the way Kari
Kivisalo did suggest.
This is one of the numerous test images I have done so far and meanwhile
I'm really bored in using the uffizi, grace, campus and beach probes so for
the next time I will try to create the light probe image itself with POV in the
HDR format and use it later for global illumination.

so long and happy everything
-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: