POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : The right way to patch POV-Ray? : Re: The right way to patch POV-Ray? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The right way to patch POV-Ray?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Dec 2002 13:01:20
Message: <3e08a0f0$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e089108$1@news.povray.org> , "George Pantazopoulos"
<the### [at] attbicom*KILLSPAM*> wrote:

> Thanks for your help :) Youre right, I think I could get by without
> diff, but it seems like a more professional thing to do.

No, it makes it only harder to read and more difficult to check what you
changed.  Having the whole file is much easier as one can then use modern
GUI based graphical diffs and very easily track what you changed rather than
having to first make a backup copy, the apply your changes and only after
that do the graphical diff.  As you can see, using diffs just makes life
harder for everybody.  And exchanging a few KB more hardly makes a
difference these days anyway!  So no need to use the ancient diff :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.