POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
9 Jun 2024 15:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Dec 2002 07:57:57
Message: <3e070855$1@news.povray.org>
In article <1fnn944.1lvwmom1f70r48N%cassio@free.fr> , cassio@free.fr

> I can't believe you call him mad ! If you start insulting everybody
> that is reporting a bug, then we're not finished yet. Pov-Ray 3.5
> still has problems on Mac OS 9, and I suppose you know it.

No, it is being developed and tested on Mac OS 9.2.2.  And there is a very
big difference between saying a report does not make sense and calling
someone mad!

> Btw, what does internal error -10000 means ? I got it several times
> this morning after switching to preemptive threading as you suggested
> and experiencing slowdowns similar to Martin's symptoms...

See, I frequently get bugreports in the style you are using as well. But how
am I supposed to be able to get the problem without a screenshot if you
forget to mention 90% of the important information?  If you read the error
message carefully you will notice that it nowhere says something about an
"internal error" and even tells you that you are not supposed to know and
that the error number is there for "internal reference", so you just have to
report what it says ;-)

The numbers are regular Mac OS error codes, so this one is
"errAEEventFailed", which simply means that sending an Apple Event, probably
the one to stop the render, failed for some reason.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde