POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 07:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Dec 2002 14:53:00
Message: <3e06181c@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e06024d42f46e194b5522fd0@news.povray.org> , "Renderdog"
<slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:

> I've set my Edit-> Preferences...-> Editor font to Courier 12, but when I
> open new windows they come up in the default font and size. Only by
> reselecting the Courier popup in Preferences do the windows display using
> my editor preference font settings. Is this problem unique to me?

No, it is a bug that will be fixed in a future version.

> While I'm here, it would be nice (for me anyway) if POV-Ray Mac asked if you
> were sure you wanted to quit. I use the apple-1 and apple-2 keys to pop up
> windows and sometimes I accidentally hit apple-q. It will quit without
> question even if I've modified some text.

Yes, unfortunately this sometimes happens.  The cause is a bit complicated
and related to an incorrect Apple Event being sent internally.  Eventually
this will be fixed.

> Okay, one other question. POV-Ray Mac crashes when I try to render a large
> PICT file, such as 6600x4400 resolution. PNG and Targa work fine, but
> Photoshop won't let me look at partial renders in those formats so I prefer
> PICT. Is there a limit to how big a PICT file can be?

Yes, they have to be smaller than 4096 pixels.  There used to be an error
message if this was detected before rendering before.  As that code was
replaced, the error message seems to have been lost :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde