POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mask ( 17 Kb ) : Re: mask ( 17 Kb ) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mask ( 17 Kb )
From: Hugo
Date: 22 Dec 2002 06:09:25
Message: <3e059d65$1@news.povray.org>
> BTW, do you know how to get the magnets to work?
> I'll be darned if I can figure them out.

Easy.. Let me see, how to describe it.. hmm.. For testing purpose, make a
grid (the primitive shape).. On the grid, select the middle vertex, or
something near the middle.. Go to the menu "Move", and when the submenu
shows, we will try to move the vertex in the Y direction only, but instead
of clicking the way you're used to, you left-click at the red icon - it's on
the end of the line.. If there is no red icon, you need to the activate
"Advanced" level from the "Preferences" menu.

Now move the mouse. You will see the vertices near the one you selected move
as well, but not as much.. This is the magnet function.. To control it's
strength, use the + - signs on your keyboard (but I think, only the ones at
the numerical keypad).. You can also change the type of magnet by pressing
the 1, 2, 3 or 4 key (but not those at the numerical keypad).

You can also select the radius of the magnet, back at the "Move" menu, by
clicking the right mouse button instead of the left.. This is, assuming your
right and left mouse buttons, are activated in Wings, the same way as mine..
This depends on the "camera mode" menu.. I use a two-button mouse.. Blender
camera mode.

Good luck and keep practicing.  :o)

Regards,
Hugo