POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 05:03:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Dec 2002 05:33:52
Message: <3e059510@news.povray.org>
In article <0001HW.BA2B9D9300039FDC0F42B1F0@news.povray.org> , Martin Crisp
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau>  wrote:

> I've only just downloaded it (a day or so ago), but am finding it
> slows down enormously (under 9.2.2 on a G4 @ 400MHz - I don't have

If you want slower rendering you can just move the "Application
Friendliness" slider to "Lazy" in the Preferences: general pane.

As many people never read the manual they never found this slider and
consequently never used it in previous versions and then complained that
rendering was slow.  So now the default is more aggressive in 3.5...

> X at all - looks to freeze, but hasn't, quite) soon after it starts
> rendering. [Reading the threads back to August sometime hasn't shed
> much light :-(]

This only happens with a few specific configurations.  POV-Ray either works
on your configuration (which it seems it does) or it won't.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.