POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI tests (200 kbu) : Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Dec 2002 04:17:34
Message: <3e05832e@news.povray.org>

3e051083@news.povray.org...
> Wow, those look good!
>
> I might be misunderstanding the technique, but how do you get the coloured
light
> spots on the ground in the st peters image? I thought an HDR map was just
based
> on a photo sampled from 1 point in the environment, so your scene
shouldn't be
> able to get this effect, though it looks much more realistic with it :)

In fact it was a nice surprise to me too ! I didn't expect the light maps to
project light the way they do. It looks like the "hot spots" in the map act
like real lights after all (without creating specular highlights). There are
lots of artefacts here, but more testing (or a different implementation of
HDRI support) could perhaps solve them.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com