POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cadbikes : Re: Cadbikes Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cadbikes
From: St
Date: 21 Dec 2002 17:34:09
Message: <3e04ec61@news.povray.org>
"Duckman" <duc### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message

> Hi Steve, the rubber for the tires is : texture { pigment { color
red 0.200
> green 0.200 blue 0.200 }}
> Couldn't be simpler ;-)

     Heh... is that it??  :oO

 Actually, in this image they look a little pale compared to your
other image, but what I meant was the actual texture looks bang on for
tyre rubber.

    Nice scene though. How about trying a group scene of some of your
bikes? Perhaps the render time might take too long? :(

> I attached an image I did last night, it is one of the sample files
that
> comes with Povray 3.5 (isocacti) with one of my CAD-bikes stuck in.
> Well, trike in this case.

     A friend of mine built a bright yellow trike some time ago and
stuck a 4.2 Jag motor in it. It wasn't roadworthy, but it certainly
was terrifying to sit on it when he opened it up...  ;)

 >Would you believe that I had never even bothered
> to look at the samples untill now.....

Yep, I was the same. Keep looking DM, there's a lot of useful stuff in
those files by some very clever people.  ;)

   ~Steve~