POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Snowfall v0.1 : Re: Snowfall v0.1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowfall v0.1
From: Hugo
Date: 20 Dec 2002 04:44:46
Message: <3e02e68e$1@news.povray.org>
> Very impressive!

Thank you!

> I'm interested in how you did the flakes, so I'd be
> happy to see the code! How is the render times?

You'll get the code soon. I still have some ideas that shouldn't be too hard
to add, and the result will look much better. The parsing time for the
animation I posted is about 1 second pr frame. That is for the snow, but the
landscape is a big heightfield that takes about 3 seconds on it's own
(measured at 1 Ghz AMD). The render time, well it depends on the quality of
AA, but I think, it was about 30 seconds pr frame.

> Now lets see a version with five times
> as much snow!

Coming up!  ;o)  But it will be different.

Regards,
Hugo