POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sim_POV: Mid Air Collisions : Re: Sim_POV: Mid Air Collisions Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:36:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sim_POV: Mid Air Collisions
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Dec 2002 08:06:10
Message: <3e01c442$1@news.povray.org>
news:3E017E32.1EE4FC75@gmx.de...

> Command line is a bit like using POV-Ray -

Povray is like using a GUI word processor (okay, perhaps to code HTML),
'cept you hit Render instead of Print.  At the same time, I have more fun
hand-typing the code for a 300-component blob than I do using a mouse-based
bicubic patch modeller.

To this user, command-line programs speak of  incompleteness,
user-unfriendliness,  cliqueishness, technically-over-my-head-edness, etc.
The impression is that once something has all the bugs worked out of it and
had all the features added then they ice the cake by making it GUI.

I don't mean to insult those who made that wonderful program, but you sort
of started a side discussion of why folks shy away from command-line.