POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frozen chess moment [WIP-89Kb] : Re: Frozen chess moment [WIP-89Kb] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frozen chess moment [WIP-89Kb]
From: Kzerphii Toomk
Date: 19 Dec 2002 01:41:44
Message: <3e016a28@news.povray.org>
Thanks.

Problems are this : no goos texture for black pieces, the
texture of the chessclock is not realistic (marble or wood),
some objects are old and others are moderns, lights were
made for a previous scene, not this, nearest apple is in
plastic (sic), gueridon's texture too perfect, chessclock
needs a mark (cyrillic)...etc

For the (four) lights, see the picture here (screen shot).

KT
(France)

> Great image!
>
> Eh, problems, so what?
>
> I like it, but am curious a bit about the lighting.
> It seems like maybe you are using a high ambient
> setting, and/or a couple of different light positions.
>
> How are you setting it up?
>
> Aaron
>
> Aaron Gillies
> New York City