POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Snowfall v0.1 : Re: Snowfall v0.1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowfall v0.1
From: Tek
Date: 18 Dec 2002 20:19:58
Message: <3e011ebe@news.povray.org>
The movement of the flakes is great. Though when they get close you can see
they're triangular.

I used a partly transparent texture for triangular mesh snow in my entry to the
"Winter" stills round
(http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2002-04-30/icemine.jpg), the source is on
the IRTC site if you're interested (though I have no idea how fast it will trace
in an animation).

BTW, I didn't notice the scale problem until you said it! It looks quite natural
for some of the flakes to fall behind the hills in the ground, even though
they'd have to be massive!

Nice animation :)

--
Tek