POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nature morte [53 Kb] : RE: Nature morte [53 Kb] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Nature morte [53 Kb]
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 18 Dec 2002 16:14:31
Message: <3e00e537@news.povray.org>

3DF### [at] spamcom...
> I had to come back and look at it again.
>
> Is that one of the botijos that Txemi was talking
> about in his post?
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7730/

That's not a botijo.
A botijo has two holes, one to pour the water into it
and another to drink from. Each one is in the opposite
position of the other (so when you drink you dont get
showed), and has a handle to hold it.
A real botijo is made from clay. When you fill it with water,
there is a process of microevaporation (?): little drops of
water pass thru' the clay, get evarporated and refresh the
surface of the botijo, so the water keeps fresh.
The one in the image seems a bottle or a vase to me.
Nothing to do with a botijo, for sure.
Bye

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com