POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Snowfall v0.1 : Snowfall v0.1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Snowfall v0.1
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Dec 2002 13:31:52
Message: <3e00bf18@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Back to POV, back to coding.  ;o)  Here are a few macros I made. The
landscape is just thrown in from an earlier scene of mine, so you can ignore
it along with the colors of the sky.

The landscape reveals that I haven't implemented a trace of the surface, so
the snowflakes just suddenly vanishes. I'll code a "fix" and see how slow it
parses... So far the parsing is very quick.

I have a scale problem as well, the snow is too big, the landscape too
small.. But most of this I coded today.. :o) You're welcome to give me
further hints and ideas! I'll also implement a way to ensure that none of
the snowflakes gets too close to the camera, and a way to increase their
size at long distances from the camera, to reduce flickering.. Eventually
I'll try to code a motion-blur effect (it will only work for the snow).

I'll release the macros, if you like it.

Best regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: