POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reflection - refraction : Re: reflection - refraction Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflection - refraction
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 17 Dec 2002 17:18:25
Message: <3dffa2b1@news.povray.org>
That seems to be about right for a very large render with that high of a
trace level.  Some of my scenes get into the billions for tests of boxes and
bounds, such as my last post, which does use a lot of reflections and
refractions.  For only a 768 square it took three hours, but that's probably
due to the 9 photon emitting light sources.  What kind of lighting did you
use in your scene?  I've never heard of that enormous of an image being
rendered with povray.  I suppose somebody's probably tested the limits with
a simple scene before, but with one such as yours, I don't know.  Would you
please post the full image?  Resized and resampled of course.  I know we
won't be able to see all the nifty little details that way, but hey, have
mercy on us 56k'ers.   It's tough to tell from the current image what your
scene is, but I can see a sky and a landscape in the a reflection on a
corner of the abstract glassy object.  It's pretty cool.

-Ben Scheele