POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : City lights from space! Perfected! : Re: City lights from space! Perfected! Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: City lights from space! Perfected!
From: Tek
Date: 12 Dec 2002 08:01:32
Message: <3df888ac$1@news.povray.org>
"Howard Day" <Pov### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Huzzah! I decided to go without any sort of function {} texture
programming,
> and just simply do it using the old pigment statements. :D
> http://cgi.third-era.com/~HEDAY/PlanetL.jpg
>
> It uses mainly leopard and crackle patterns - with a lot of warp {}s
thrown
> in. :D

I'm not sure how much that looks like real city lights from space, the
pattern seems to "blocky", i.e. there's large areas of just light next to
areas with none. I'd expect it to look more like lots of tiny dots.

Though that said based on your previous work you probably know how to do it
a heck of a lot better than I do! ;)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com