POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Artifacts... : Re: Artifacts... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artifacts...
From: hughes, b
Date: 11 Dec 2002 20:59:54
Message: <3df7ed9a$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Howie" <cra### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> Actually, I am using intervals 20 for super-high quality in the final
> render.  Yes, the spheres are looks_like.  I am using method 1

Yes, your density map is fine. I tried duplicating what your scene is and I
get the same thing happening. Spotlights pointing away from the camera and a
speckled arc occurs about where I'd guess the edge limit for the spotlight
is at, that being the falloff. Or radius, if both are equal.

I thought this must be due to infinite media but I also used a box for
container and it still does it, even if intervals and samples are fairly
high, like around 50 to 150. It's also not due to multiple spotlights or the
looks_like statement... not method type either. So I'm at a loss to explain
it.