POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dizzy design : Re: Dizzy design Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dizzy design
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 9 Dec 2002 21:01:19
Message: <3df54aef@news.povray.org>
Thanks, but I can't seem to figure out how to make that work.  All I
could get was this.  No, just kidding.  But in povray, the fuction for
arctan is kind of confusing.  I have two versions of plotters, one that uses
dx/dt and one that uses dy/dx.  I'll just have to wait for David's
explanation I guess.

-Ben Scheele

"Mack Tuesday" <mailbjl@yahoo> wrote in message
> Ben T. Scheele wrote:
> >       That's a directional field for a differential equation, and it is
> >very cool.  What is the equation for it?
>
> I'm just guessing but y' = -arccot(|x| + |y|) would fit.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dfield2d pbi example.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'dfield2d pbi example.jpg'
dfield2d pbi example.jpg