POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lamp scene [0/1] (800x600 jpg ~100k) : lamp scene [0/1] (800x600 jpg ~100k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  lamp scene [0/1] (800x600 jpg ~100k)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 9 Dec 2002 00:05:00
Message: <3df4247c$1@news.povray.org>
Here is an updated version of my lamp. I changed the area lights to 10x10,
and switched to the default radiosity settings. The lamp stand is a place
holder while i work on a CSG approximation to the sphere_sweep version.
removing th esphere_sweep reduced render time from over 6 hours to just 43
minutes (no other changes). In this version I made the connections from the
globes to the lamp out of little brass-like spheres. i did this with a
macro, and wow macros are easier that i expected. With this coloration you
can now kind of see the blueish media inside the spheres. I also scaled down
the texture on the lamp stand. this render, with 10x10 area lights instead
of 7x7 and larger image resolution took 2.5 hours.

well, off to cut up some tori and cylinders. image follows in next post.