POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: chi2.cpp : Re: chi2.cpp Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chi2.cpp
From: Tony[B]
Date: 7 Dec 2002 20:41:36
Message: <3df2a350$1@news.povray.org>
I don't think that that's any reason to completely discount the fact that
perhaps a newer version provides an easier to read equivalent with perhaps
better performance. We shouldn't shut ourselves in a "don't fix" shell, or
we'll miss all kinds of good stuff out there. I think that now more than
ever this is important, considering the huge undertaking that 4.0 will be.
This is the time to dig out out papers and alternative libraries to find
something we can use later. At least that's the mindset I'm presenting these
things in.

Mind you, I do agree that the bugs in POV have the utmost priority, and that
in fact, these changes I propose are not a good idea.

*goes back to studying for final exams*

--
Anthony Bennett